Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Almost the New Year

Well, 2010 has come and gone and it's time to start a new year.  Last year I was vegetarian for 10 months then slacked and started eating meat again.  Time to buckle down and get serious once more!  This year not only do I want to get back on track eating vegetarian, but I'd also like to go vegan.  I'm working towards eventually going completely raw for a while, too.  I've heard so many good things about it.

Main problem though is I don't have the proper equipment for a raw lifestyle.  My blender/food processor really sucks bad.  It's noisy and it has very little power.  It doesn't do a good job of making smoothies at all.  And, I don't have a dehydrator at all.  You need a job for those things and of course, I'm not working again.  Trying to at least find something part-time but even that is hard since I don't want to have to work more than 4-6 hours on my feet.

My "kick-start" to all this would optimally be a juice feast, but again, no proper equipment.  I have a Jack Lelane juicer, but all the pulp is such a waste.  If I had the dehydrator, I could use the pulp in that to make crackers or something.  Till then, it would be a wasteful ambition to go on a juice feast.  I just can't justify throwing away all that nutritious pulp product.

I wish someone would read this blog and give me some suggestions.  Thanks.  (oh and using the pulp in baked goods is out, too since our oven is crappy. Every time you turn it on, our room fills with gas and gives me a migraine.)

1 comment:

  1. patti miller2:02 PM

    Hey, Mickey!!!! Just be careful with this diet...sometimes a lot of fiber all at once can wreak havoc on your system..i found that out when I added more fruits and veggies to my diet earlier this year....my body was not used to it...!!! But I lost 11 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Your thoughts are always appreciated.