Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Viable Solution?

So, if ANYONE has been reading this blog, they know by now my dietary dilemma.  I think I might have come up with a solution! I was thinking of making this cabbage soup, but then adding a twist at the end hehe.

    * 6 large green onions (1 bunch)
    * 2 green bell peppers
    * 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (14.5 ounce size, diced or whole)
    * 1 bunch celery, sliced
    * 1 head cabbage, chopped
    * 1 package (Lipton) onion soup mix
    * 2-3 cubes vegetable bouillon
    * 6 cups water 
    * Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc.*
    * Don't forget a little cayenne!
    * 1 Bag of spinach leaves or 1 bunch of kale (de-stemmed) or whatever dark leafy green is on sale or in season.

Preparation:
Simmer or slow cook all until soup is done. *If slow cooking, add seasonings about an hour before done. Eat all the soup you want, whenever you want. (here's my twist) Let cool till it's about 110-116 degrees then throw in a bag of fresh spinach/greens and stir till nicely wilted.  Put it all in a blender and drink throughout the day.

What do you think?  Could I use this as a juice feast?  There's be no pulp waste, I'd still be getting a bunch of raw greens and I don't have to worry about cost because most of this stuff is pretty inexpensive. My goal is to try and stay under $5 a day. I figure a batch of soup would last for 2 days possibly 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your thoughts are always appreciated.