Sunday, January 09, 2011

Lifestyles of the Enriched & Fasting

Welcome to Lifestyles of the Enriched and Fasting.  This blog will someday lead to a book I'm planning to write on the subject of water fasting and making it a lifestyle choice.  Let me tell you, before you start anything like this, the best thing to do for your health, wellness and emotional being is to do research, research, research!  Never, ever undertake this major change unless you know what you're doing and why you're doing it.

I have been watching videos of normal everyday people who've water fasted, videos of downright kooks who've vlogged about water fasting and also professionals who talk about water fasting and let me tell you... Everyone has something different to say.  I've read website after website on the do's and don'ts of water fasting.  There is no "one" right way to do this.  Doing a fast is a very personal thing.  Everyone's body is different and requires different ways to heal itself. 

My personal healing time is going to begin on January 15th.  I plan on going as long as my body will let me.  I'm hoping I can go for a full 30 days.  I wanted to start off slow, but the closer I get to my starting day, the more and more I want to extend my fast so that I can heal as much as possible. 

I have 46 years of the Standard American Diet to clean out of my system.  Not to mention, 35 years of cigarette damage and of course my mastication disorder.  I most want to be healed of that.  Not being able to go even an hour with something in my mouth to chew on is one of the reasons I believe I weigh so much today.  That is going to be the toughest part of the fast for me, I think.  Not being able to put anything in my mouth but clean, clear water.

2 comments:

  1. Be careful look up hydration poisoning...please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite an extreme. They use that in hazing at colleges, right? I'm not an extremist and I wouldn't do that. LOL
    This page has many quotes from notable doctors on the fasting process:
    http://www.phifoundation.org/fast.html

    The book: Fasting and Eating for Health: A Medical Doctor's Program for Conquering Disease was endorsed by Dr. Oz. (of Oprah fame)

    Careful, research, knowing oneself, understanding the process will not kill you only help.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFR1KcqX9o

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Your thoughts are always appreciated.